What to expect during your hardwood Install
While no two installations are the exact same, here is a rough overview of what you should expect during your hardwood installation:
- Your existing flooring may need to be removed, and your subflooring may need to be prepared.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, adhesives will be spread on your subflooring, and hardwood planks will be laid individually. Your crew will cut the hardwood pieces to fit the layout of the room while ensuring that no gaps exist at the culmination of the job
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- We will then clean up and provide our quality assurance check.
BEFORE HARDWOOD INSTALLATION
Before your hardwood installation with us, you should expect the following
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process, answering any questions that you might have.
- You will discuss subflooring and waste management with your crew.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room in question.
AFTER HARDWOOD INSTALLATION
Once we've finished your hardwood installation, you should expect the following:
- We will complete a final walkthrough where you can ask any questions that you might have about the hardwood flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Allow your floors and the materials to settle before walking across them.
- Stay in touch with our team with any questions about your hardwood flooring.
- Enjoy your new floors!