What to expect during your laminate Installation
While no two installations are the exact same, here is a rough overview of what you should expect during your laminate installation:
- We may need to remove your existing flooring, and we may need to prepare the subflooring.
- The laminate planks may need to be acclimated to the temperature of the room.
- The crew will trim door jams and install the underlayment.
- Laminate floors will be connected using an interlocking system, "a floating floor," while others may require an adhesive. Depending on which installation method you choose, installation times may vary.
- The crew will then clean up.
BEFORE LAMINATE INSTALLATION
Before your laminate installation with us, you should expect the following
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process, answering any questions that you might have.
- You will discuss subflooring and waste management with your crew.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room in question.
AFTER LAMINATE INSTALLATION
Once we've finished your laminate installation, you should expect the following:
- We will complete a final walkthrough where you can ask any questions that you might have about the laminate flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Allow your floors and the materials to settle before walking across them.
- Stay in touch with our team with any questions about your laminate flooring.
- Enjoy your new floors!